Sunday, May 20, 2007

Waiting for the Sun

Well, the New York Sun puzzles will be out tomorrow, but God only knows what time. Last time it was late afternoon, which means that with my beloved family and that pesky job taking so much of my time I don't get to spend as much time analyzing the Monday puzzle as it deserves. But anyway in the meantime I can tell you that Merl Reagle has a great crossword (of course, all his puzzles are great) in the Philadelphia Inquirer (among other papers). It's called "If Spider-Man Were More Like a Real Spider" and it is punny. You can find it here.
Also, on these waiting for the Sun weekends I like to dig into my autograph collection and share something. A lot of the autographs that I like the most are from people that most folks are unfamiliar with. You may not have heard of Thurl Ravenscroft before, but I know for a fact you have heard him. He had a magnificent deep voice, and he did a ton of voice-overs, including a bunch of Disney movies and shows at Disney World. He also sang "You're a Mean One, Mister Grinch" in the classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". But he is probably best known as the voice of Tony the Tiger in Frosted Flakes commercials.
The Grrrr-reat Mr. Ravenscroft passed almost exactly two years ago on May 22nd 2005. He was 91.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Sun hath risen!

Norrin2 said...

Thank you, your excellency. Hey god, while you're here, could you tell me what you were thinking when you created the platypus and the Powerball numbers for Wednesday?
Thanks.