Friday, January 18, 2008

More books I've read in 2008

Valedictorian Denis Cooverman doesn't want to make the usual graduation speech about going forth and fearlesly facing the future, et cetera, so he uses the forum to say we should all do the things we will regret forever if we don't do them, and we should do them now.

That's when he announces that he loves head cheerleader Beth Cooper and outs his best friend Rich. Which leads to one unforgettable night. Former "Simpsons" writer Larry Doyle is a very funny guy and this book kept me turning the pages. My only complaint was that some of the car chases and property destruction seemed written with an eye toward a movie deal.
I found this book by way of one of my favorite web comics "Unshelved" which does a book review every Sunday -- one of the reasons I like it so much.

No comments: