Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My Favorite Day of 2009

My favorite day of the year just past was May 2nd. That was the day of the Charleston Dragonboat Festival at Brittlebank Park. So there was the human drama of athletic competition, the thrill of victory (we won our first heat) and the agony of defeat (we got smoked in our final two races). And there was a cooler full of beer, grilled burgers, friends and family, beautiful warm weather. But the best part I think was that we had the whole Summer in front of us. It was a day that we hated to see end. And when I say "we" I mean me and Kim. We stayed out there after all the competitors and spectators had gone home. After the clean up crews had gone home. That's how much we hated to admit that this perfect day was not going to last forever.

No comments: