Sunday, April 15, 2007

Aloha, Don Ho


I was sorry to see Don Ho go. His signature song "Tiny Bubbles" is so catchy it ought to be illegal, and it is one of three songs I remember my grandfather used to love to sing (the other two were "Moon River" and Kris Kristofferson's "For the Good Times,") so my memories of Ho and "Tiny Bubbles" are all positive.
Plus, when I wrote and asked Ho for an autographed picture, he was kind enough to send me a color one, which is unusual. Most celebs send out black and white.
So Aloha (in the goodbye sense) to Don Ho, a colorful character who made us happy, made us feel fine.

3 comments:

Linda G said...

Nice tribute to Don Ho. We were in Hawaii in September 2005. I remember we said at the time that we probably wouldn't get the chance to see him if we didn't do it then. Sad to say we weren't able to, although I don't remember if he was vacationing, had sold out, or we ran out of time in Oahu.

Norrin2 said...

Sorry you missed out on the Ho show. He might have had to cancel since it was in 2005 that he was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and began treatment.

Anonymous said...

RE: Friday's Sun puzzle. Four Corners is a geographic position where Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona meet. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners_(United_States). Thus, postal abbreviations in the key phrases...UT in acutebandages, AZ in hazarddrives, NM in cowboybonmot and CO in secondpacking. Thank blogger - A Diary of a Crossword Fiend - for figuring it out.