Saturday, June 30, 2007

More books I've read in 2007

I finished Nicole Krauss's "The History of Love". I haven't fallen in love with any book this much since "The Time-Traveler's Wife." This book is about love and loss and living after the loss of a love. On the last page you find out that it was about so much more than you thought it was about -- and that's why I'm probably going to read it again right away. It's that magic. When I read fiction I have to have at least one character that I like and can pull for and identify with or I can't make myself stick with it. This is the only book I can think of where I liked everybody in it. Everybody seemed very real and like they wanted to do the right thing.
I also read "Kyle Baker Cartoonist Volume 2" which I picked up from the cartoonist himself in Charlotte a couple weeks ago and "The Krypton Companion" which, believe it or not, is research for a story I'm working on.









No comments: