Monday, September 24, 2007

SAD

Sally Forth is not one of my favorite comic strips. It's all right, but nothing special. But it's pretty obvious that creator Francesco Marciullano understands Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) . I have it, and I dread the coming of cooler weather and shorter days. Every year I look for something that I can look forward to or hold onto to keep from going under in full-blown Winter depression.
One thing I will be holding onto this Winter -- my fantasy baseball team The Astro City Irregulars won the championship today. Right now I feel like that ought to be enough to keep my head above the rising tide. We'll see how it feels in January. But I've been playing fantasy baseball for 6 or 7 years and I've never won it all before, so I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can.

No comments: