Monday, December 31, 2007

My choice for President


I'm not real knowledgeable about Pakistani politics, but that's not going to stop me from endorsing Bilawal Zardari for president of that country. Bilawal is the son of slain leader Benazir Bhutto and according to a friend of the family, (in the UK Times) a big Buffy the Vampire slayer fan:

I have always known him as one of Benazir’s three children, for whom she and I drove around London buying Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic books. Bibi (Benazir) was keen on reading and bought books by the boxful. But she was broadminded enough to realise that teenage tastes can vary. I remember one summer, we spent the entire afternoon at a comic book shop near Russell Square as Bilawal, with his sisters, completed their collection of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel comic books. Bibi patiently accompanied them.
(By the way, if you're running for president in another country, like say the USA, and you want that big rise in the polls that only a Green Genius endorsement can give you, than let me know what comic books you read, or call me and we'll talk Buffy.)

No comments: